Thursday, May 28, 2009

Self Sufficiency



I am not sure how possible that is with a small house and lot in the inner city. But my goal is to become MORE so. Our garden is not that great this year because we have not had the time to work it. But I plan to build some raised beds and go from there. My dad is going to help me build a portable chicken coop. I have been keeping a compost pile and I need to get more worms. Plus I am trying to squeeze every last drop out of our limited resources. That is just good stewardship. These are some pics of our ghetto garden. Our oranges are about the size of lemons. Last year the grapes got to be large pea size and we're hoping they will get bigger this year. The broccoli is growing well (we planted from seed) and the green beans ain't too shabby either. We did get a late start this year and not a lot of time to work it. But progress is what it's all about.

No comments: