Wednesday, June 9, 2010

True Beauty

So for almost a year now I have been using mostly only homemade all natural skin and hair care products. Recently I have started researching the uses of essential oils in my home and beauty products. Someone brought up the story of Esther. She spent a year going through beauty regimes BEFORE she was brought before the king. A YEAR! I have no doubt that she was beautiful to begin with but when I think about a whole year of beauty routines it makes me wonder what they were up to. In my mind I picture women lounging around in pools filled with flowers while incense burned and eunuchs rubbed concoctions on them. Man, must have been rough. And I want to know what did they use???
And then last Friday I wondered if work or chores were part of her beauty routine. Do you think the king of Persia took Esther hands in his and said "Ahhhh, my beauty. I see you have been mopping floors on your hands and knees. I choose you."
Any guesses as to what I was doing last Friday? ;)

No comments: