Tuesday, June 23, 2009

STUFFED


Sorry I haven't written. We did some MAJOR house cleaning. And it feels so good! We cleaned out 2 rooms and steamed the carpets. So of course, putting both rooms back together involved a lot of cleaning and reorganizing. We got rid of a lot of stuff. Yeah! Then we had family in town for a graduation from basic training. We ate out 6 times in 5 days (4 meals in 2 days). Oh my, I think we all felt sick. On Monday we were all just laying around like we were spent. I know some of it was the busyness but I also think some of it was the food. Back to real food now. I don't think any of us want to go out to eat for a while. This morning I made banana bread muffins from scratch. Tonight for dinner I made squash casserole from scratch - even the cornbread was from scratch. OK, that was only because I opened the pantry to find that I was out of the cornbread mix and I was too lazy to run to the store. But I found a recipe for the cornbread and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. And Yummy! I don't think I will be buying any more mix. What a nice dinner we had although I have to say steak is nice but not worth burning your house down. OK, I admit that this pic was snapped just moments before flames shot out of the oven. I think I will leave the steak cooking to the men folk because I am much better at cooking chicken! But as they say... all's well that ends well.

No comments: